Engineering Manager, Connections
Help build Stripe’s newest businesses - Connections
Connections is building a way for individuals and businesses (i.e account holders) to seamlessly share their financial data with Stripe and our merchants to receive a better product experience. Right now this includes Capital, Issuing, Atlas, Corporate Cards, Treasury - and there’s more on the way.
We have an ambitious end goal to allow global businesses to run their entire financial life cycle on Stripe, and we want you to be part of our story.
- Work closely with engineers across Connections and your cross-functional partners to drive the technical strategy for the team.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction for Connections.
- Work closely with our users and financial partners on a daily basis.
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure, services, and tools.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Leverage the best of Stripe’s stack or build from the ground up when prudent.
- Debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have led new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience.
- You have 2 years of experience leading a data, ML, or infrastructure team.
- Believe in the power of technology to empower talented people to do their best work.
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.