Engineering Manager, Climate
Stripe Climate makes it simple for any business to counteract climate change. In under a minute, Stripe merchants can direct a fraction of their revenue toward initiatives that permanently remove CO2 from the atmosphere. We’re optimistic that, together with our users, we can build a reliable market for carbon removal. If successful, this growing market will accelerate the availability of low-cost, permanent carbon removal technologies—and increase the likelihood that the world has the portfolio of solutions needed to avoid the most catastrophic effects of climate change.
To do this we are building products that make it easy and compelling for Stripe’s millions of users to participate. We’re looking for an engineering manager to join our small (but mighty!) emerging business. We’re looking for leaders with a strong background or interest in building successful new products; you’re comfortable managing and leading people through the ambiguity of early product development; you wear many hats and can roll your sleeves up in addition to thinking strategically.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Actively contribute to strategic & product direction for a new, emerging business
- Iterate rapidly on products, tools, and processes as we develop new products & scale our existing ones
- Own the relationship with other engineering teams across Stripe
- Design solutions across systems such as core money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more
- Leverage the best of Stripe’s stack or build from the ground up when prudent
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have built and managed new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products
- Are interested in learning more about climate change & sustainability
- Demonstrate great product sense, evidenced by a proven track record of building early stage products and making intuitive tradeoffs
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.