Engineering Manager, Cash Reporting
The Cash Reporting team’s mission is to provide seamless control of Stripe’s bank accounts and a platform for managing the cash activity in those accounts in near real time. Stripe has hundreds of bank accounts around the world processing millions of transactions. It’s our job to provide the ground truth for all of Stripe’s money to a diverse set of stakeholders, from engineering teams building bank-based payment methods to Treasury Finance ledgering our books to data scientists building ML models.
We are seeking an engineering manager comfortable operating this critical infrastructure and building the next generation of tools to enable Stripe to scale to hundreds more accounts and billions of transactions. You will be directly responsible for ingesting and processing cash and bank account reporting from all our banking partners. To handle Stripe’s continued growth, we need to improve our operational efficiency and build resilience for this critical source of information. As we complete this foundation, we will work with our stakeholders and the engineers to set a vision into the coming years that grows the team’s mission to more holistically abstract away the constraints of the real-world banking system for Stripe.
- Extend the reliability, speed and functionality of the Cash Reporting Platform
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the business, understanding their problems and building high-quality engineering solutions
- Drive the roadmap and priorities and work with dependencies across the company
- Develop engineers on your team, helping them grow in their careers
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has success managing a team of software engineers that delivered great results
- Has a technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult problems
- Has worked effectively cross-team, cross-function and/or with third parties
- Thinks rigorously, makes hard decisions and takes ownership
- Communicates clearly in writing and in person
- Leads by example; fosters an inclusive and curious environment in their teams
- Has shipped and operated critical infrastructure or products
- Successfully recruited great people to their teams
- Is interested in improving the state of global financial systems
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.