Engineering Manager, Cash Management Platform
The Cash Management Platform team’s mission is to accurately predict and track how much cash Stripe and it’s users have in any given currency and region, while adhering to their respective regulatory requirements. User initiated actions, like swiping your credit card, can lead to virtual cash movement. However, the physical cash movement in and out of Stripe happens independently, as it relies on banks and credit card networks involved in the transaction. As a result of this, knowing how much cash Stripe has at any point in time and tying that to the originating transaction becomes increasingly challenging and important, especially as this is happening at a global scale.
The Cash Management Platform org owns the main money movement services that all Stripe products interact with. We build the platform that abstracts away complexities like adhering to cross-border regulations, accepting different currencies, and doing risk-based cash reservations. We are also responsible for the policy engine that centralizes policy checks across Stripe products and the book-keeping storage of all money movement records, merchant balances, and Stripe’s cash and regulatory information.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to lead various initiatives and scale this team. You will be managing the team that is central in helping Stripe understand and manage the cash flow, while also laying the foundation for optimizing how the cash will get used (e.g. if there is a surplus of EUR compared to USD, how do we optimize the currency conversions and use the surplus). Your team will also be working with key product infrastructure that provides money movement and storage capabilities.
- Work on a high-visibility team with a significant impact on the company’s bottom line
- Work with leaders from across the company to create and drive toward the longer term vision of Stripe’s cash platform
- Help the team double over the next year, by hiring & retaining great engineers
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Managed teams that shipped and operated mission critical infrastructure. You’ll have significant responsibility over managing all of cash movement at Stripe, which is fundamental to Stripe’s success.
- The ability to work well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- Technical know-how to facilitate good architectural and product decisions by the team
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.