Engineering Manager, Admin Platform
Build the platform that powers internal tools at Stripe
Stripe Admin is an internal platform which is relied upon by Stripe employees globally for every part of their job: from talking with our users on the phone to launching a new feature and everything in between. Admin is an integral part of how we move quickly in service of our users.
Admin Platform is responsible for the entire stack that powers Stripe Admin. Our platform supports hundreds of Stripe engineers globally, who deploy dozens of times daily into a several-hundred-thousand-line codebase to thousands of internal users; those users spend their entire day in Admin executing mission-critical tasks for Stripe. Our job is to improve productivity for all those stakeholders while upholding a world-class security posture, and this often requires intervention at every layer of the stack.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who is excited to lead this team. You will chart out the long term vision for internal tools at Stripe and grow the team to realize that vision, in close collaboration with stakeholders across the org.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and lead internal tool best practices
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience as an engineering manager
- Experience as a software engineer/developer
- Experience collaborating with recruiting partners to hire new team members
Nice to haves:
- You lead with empathy
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A one-paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.