Engineering Manager, Account Foundations - Services
Come join us to deliver the next generation of connect’s backend. Connect powers Stripe’s largest businesses including companies such as Salesforce, Shopify, and Doordash driving a significant percentage of Stripe’s revenue.
We are ensuring connect runs on a Service oriented architecture with best in class availability and latency. Our services are expected to scale to hundreds of thousands of requests per second.
As an Engineering Manager on our team, you will work with internal product teams and architects to build the next generation services that will ensure connect’s reliability and scale for the future.
- Work with a team of talented engineers and architects to deliver a set of services that can deliver critical data to the majority of Stripe’s products
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Ensure operational rigour on the team
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
## You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You’ve managed teams that built and maintained critical backend services in a scalable distributed systems architecture
- You enjoy working closely with internal customers, including tracking dependencies ,identifying and removing roadblocks
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.