Head of Engineering, LATAM
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The LATAM team is responsible for building the payments products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world. We are building a thriving product and engineering presence complementing and extending the reach of our current offices in Mexico City, São Paulo and the U.S.
We are looking for an engineering leader to drive both the short and long term technical direction for our Latin America region. Succeeding in this role will require adeptly balancing immediate needs — of the business and of our users — with progress against a long-term vision for the future of tooling to operate internet businesses. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks with experience building and leading technical strategy for products or platforms at scale across multiple stakeholders, countries and business lines; and those with a passion for enabling the growth and success of businesses in Latin American.
Our Head of Engineering can be based in either LATAM or the US.
- Deeply understand how our LATAM merchants use Stripe. What problems do they encounter? What opportunities do we have for giving them an outstanding experience?
- Work with other Stripe leaders to define, design, and execute the plan for Stripe’s technical vision and product strategy in Latin America
- Recruit a team of great engineers and managers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Represent Stripe in official functions, in collaboration with Stripe’s communications team
- Directly lead our Latin American engineering teams while supporting engineers and managers in Mexico City, São Paulo, Seattle, San Francisco and other Stripe offices
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Stripe
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering leadership team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- You’ve managed engineering teams for 15+ years across both backend systems/infrastructure and user facing products
- You have several years of experience managing other managers and senior leaders
- An ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Experience with encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
Any combination of the following would make your application stand out:
- You’ve started or run a business in a related space
- You have a solid understanding of the technical landscape in Latin America and have built teams in region
- Fluency and communication skills in both Spanish or Portuguese is a plus but not required
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.