Engineering Finance & Strategy
Be an instrumental part of an elite team driving technology strategy, planning, and analysis at Stripe!
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an insightful and analytical individual to be the financial and strategic team member to support the technical teams that power Stripe. Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to Stripe leadership and will drive key insights for tech roadmap, investments and leadership discussions.
- Lead critical finance and strategy initiatives across the Engineering team, partnering closely with both the Engineering F&S team, as well as technical leaders across the organization
- Be a key decision-maker in investment and operational strategies based on the results of specific research and analytical exercises
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Month End Close, Forecasts, Procurement, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- Create business cases for investments in new technical services and initiatives
- Drive continuous process improvement, standardization, simplification and reporting enhancements
- Build and own scenario models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or strategic finance at a large technology company with a focus on product/engineering teams
- Analytical problem solver with extensive experience building complex financial and/or operating models
- Strong work ethic with experience managing multiple time-sensitive projects at a time across various stakeholders
- Ability to craft executive-level presentations and develop succinct narratives outlining the key points of a deliverable and next step action items
- Demonstrated abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide-range of stakeholders
- Proven proclivity for quickly identifying and methodically resolving potential road-blocks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company, including board members
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with and supporting a high-growth, scaling Technology organization
- Data Analytics tools such as SQL
- Hands on experience with AWS/GCP/Azure cost management tools
- Oracle, Anaplan, or other equivalent application experience
To apply, please send us:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.