Backend / API Engineer, Money Movement Platform
The Money Movement team is working toward a future in which all of the complexity that comes with handling money (e.g. accepting different currencies, adopting new payment methods, integrating with hundreds of banks globally) is hidden from Stripe’s users. It is core to Stripe’s business and thousands of developers will use our platform and infrastructure to create valuable products and services that billions of people use.
Our team is responsible for building out the platform that powers money movement for all Stripe Products including Connect, Issuing, and Corporate Card. Ultimately, our goal is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money.
The Money Movement organization is currently looking for Software Engineers who want to make an impact on how money will move at a global scale. The teams within this organization spans the stack, from the core financial APIs that all of Stripe’s products are built on—like transfers, payouts, and top-ups—to the financial integrations we rely on to move billions of dollars in countries around the world. The team also runs infrastructure that abstracts payment networks globally to expose capabilities for moving money with a variety of characteristics like speed, currency and cost. We are responsible to ensure that money gets to its destination quickly, reliably and in a cost effective manner.
- Build software services and platforms that will impact on global money movement for Stripe.
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users.
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of product teams.
- Help drive sound technical decision making within Money Movement and lead technical conversations with other teams across Stripe.
- Run design and code reviews for key components and ships in Money Movement.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have been working as a Senior Software engineer driving technical work for various groups of engineers.
- Have solid experience in designing large-scale and complex systems that deliver critical impact to the business.
- Have experience in driving, executing, and delivering high quality technical solutions.
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience with platforms and product offerings.
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members.
- Are comfortable in working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.