Engineering Manager, Terminal
The Terminal Global Availability team is looking for an engineering manager to build, lead, and grow a strong team of engineers, help create a regional strategy for the Terminal product, and help make Terminal a best-in-class product in the APAC market. You will have the opportunity to build a team, work with engineering teams across Stripe, partner with PMs, and work with external partners like Eftpos to integrate local payment methods for our merchants. You’ll also play a key role in setting and executing an ambitious roadmap for product expansion within APAC that looks beyond card payment methods.
- Build and lead a team of engineers in the Singapore office
- Work with external partners to integrate new, in-person payment methods
- Define a strategy for Terminal in APAC with your cross-functional partners
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
We are looking for someone who has:
- You have 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people remotely
- Experience building and maintaining backend systems and third-party integrations
- An eye for great products and can work with engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Leverage your strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult technical problems
- Comfort in a fast-moving, complex, international environment
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfil its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.