Engineering Manager, Issuing
Stripe builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re moving beyond payments and “up the stack” to help our users run their businesses more effectively. Issuing is developing new APIs to empower businesses to launch physical and virtual card programs. We aim to help businesses deploy novel use cases that rely on fully programmable payment instruments.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead a key pillar for our Issuing organization. You’ll be responsible for expanding and developing the team. You’ll drive pillar vision and roadmap. You’ll lead our coordination with product teams, operations teams, and other engineering teams at Stripe. We’re looking for a leader with a strong background in building scalable products; we need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces.
Issuing is one of Stripe’s biggest bets. The right technical leadership will allow us to scale faster and more reliably as our business accelerates. If that sounds exciting, we’d love to speak with you.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging business.
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch first versions of new products.
- Work closely with our users and financial partners on a daily basis.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Engineer solutions across systems such as core money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more.
- Leverage the best of Stripe’s stack or build from the ground up when prudent.
- Debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have built new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Have at least 4 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience.
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.