Head of Employee Communications, People & Places
Keep Stripes plugged in.
We, too, are growing quickly around the world. Because of our rapid growth, our global People & Places team is looking for someone to help keep Stripes plugged into our many ongoing initiatives and programs—and in turn, craft the story of the Stripe employee experience. The ideal candidate is adept at supporting complex projects through rigorous communications plans, and understands how to create exceptional employee experiences through content that balances empathy and clarity. They must be a skilled writer with exacting editorial standards, and should have a solid grasp of the People & Places (i.e. People Operations, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Employee Impact & Experience, and Workplace!) space. This individual will report directly to the Chief People Officer, and will be a member of the People & Places leadership team; they will also be a close partner to our Internal Communications team.
- Partner with our People & Places leaders to shape and deliver effective communications strategies, whether through writing, live address, or digital media
- Craft employee-facing communications that keep our growing organization aligned and informed, weaving in the story of the Stripe employee experience
- Moderate and manage the flow of People & Places information to Stripes to minimize noise and promote organizational consistency
You should have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and impeccable people skills. You balance rigor with empathy (and levity!), producing excellent results because you’re in it for the good of those around you
- Demonstrated experience developing effective communications strategies and/or change management strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment. Adaptation is your sport
- A penchant for working from first principles, converting challenges into opportunities, and seeing what’s on the horizon. You understand that no change occurs in a vacuum
- A strong ability to develop relationships and work with employees in all functions and at all levels, from interns to executives
- A strategic mindset, coupled with the ability to sweat the details
- A willingness to work across different time zones to ensure smooth communication across our global offices
- Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Slack, G Suite, and Zoom
You should include these in your application:
- A résumé and/or LinkedIn profile
- Whatever information or materials you think would best help us understand your background and accomplishments
- Writing and/or digital storytelling samples are always welcome (but not required)
We don’t expect candidates to tick each and every box above! Please don’t hesitate to apply if it sounds like this might be the role for you.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.