EMEA Start-Up and Scaled Communications
The most exciting startups in Europe (eg: Deliveroo, N26, Doctolib, Klarna, ManoMano) use Stripe to grow faster and many of them started on Stripe in their early days. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and communications plays a major role in the company strategy.
As we invest heavily in EMEA, we’re looking for someone to help shape our reputation with startups and VCs across the region. This is a critical job, as we want to help the startups we onboard today evolve into the leading businesses of tomorrow. Working closely with our executive, engineering, sales and marketing teams in both mature and emerging markets, you will shape the narrative and drive the initiatives that make Stripe the default choice for every single startup in the region. The ideal candidate is both strategic and hands-on. They’re creative and pragmatic. They also have strong media relationships in one of our core EMEA markets (i.e. France, the UK, or Germany) and a good understanding of startups ecosystems across the region. They are also curious about discovering new fields of expertise (i.e. product and corporate comms) and learning about new geographies. Experience in B2B comms or financial services is a plus but not a prerequisite.
- Lead Stripe’s regional startups communications strategy
- Shape Stripe’s EMEA startups narrative, working in close partnership with our regional Go-to-Market and partnerships teams.
- Work closely with some of the most recognised startups and scale-ups in EMEA to build customer case studies, infusing their voices into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities.
- Advocate startups’ point-of-view on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics, and grow Stripe’s profile as a thought leader for startups among relevant business and tech press.
- Work in close partnership with the global comms team, including local leads in the UK, France, and Germany (and their agencies).
- Lead Stripe’s communications at scale in Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Poland and a number of other EMEA markets
- Manage local agencies and contractors.
- Help drive corporate stories that position Stripe as an era-defining technology company.
- Launch major new products
- Run thought leadership campaigns in the region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with startups reporters and influencers across EMEA.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Developed experience in public relations, preferably in a B2B technology, high-growth and/or VC environment.
- Experience collaborating with executives, as well as sales, partnerships, marketing and policy teams.
- Project management skills, across multiple EMEA countries and with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with a wide variety of partners on joint communications efforts
- Relationships with key business and technology reporters, as well as influencers.
- An acute interest for the economy and experience working closely with startups ecosystems.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.