EMEA Site Lead People Partner
We are looking for an EMEA Site Lead People Partner to join our team here at Stripe. This individual will be an instrumental part of the People Partner team, focusing on areas such as market talent strategy, regulatory and compliance programs, and site health. Our ideal candidate has deep subject knowledge and expertise as an HR business partner and in EMEA employment practices and law. The successful candidate will establish relationships across the organization, thrive in a highly matrixed structure, and be hands on with strategic and tactical HR work.
This newly scoped Dublin based role will support the European business teams (mainly Dublin, UK and France but with presence in other key EMEA markets) as well as the wider HR function in supporting Stripe’s expanding presence in these European markets through organic and acquisition growth. The successful candidate will be a true generalist and will require a good grasp of new country employment setups, creation of contracts, benefit entitlements, and changes in regulation and legislation as well as driving employee engagement across multiple countries and cultures. This role will require a technically proficient individual who is able to flex from operational to strategic responsibilities when required and who can work effectively across many stakeholders and partners. Key areas of responsibility include:
Leadership / Regional Partnerships
- Works across all pillar groups in a site to create a strong local leadership team
- Create strong alignment with functional people partners to support business priorities, org changes, strategic initiatives, cyclical programs, etc. which impact the region
- Act as a coach/advisor and provide guidance to EMEA-based leadership on their team, site health, DEIB, community engagement, and public policy matters as they pertain to talent.
- Partner with leaders, Corporate Security, Workplace, Internal and External Communications, and other stakeholders to build crisis management plans (e.g. natural disasters, site closures)
- Partner with Employee Relations to coach leaders through and handle complex employee relations issues including supporting any external ER cases that are raised
- Build capability within the management team to create an environment for people to thrive through coaching and guiding when working with leaders and managers on business priorities
- Assess, advise and partner with the Policy team on the people impact and legislative considerations of any proposed changes to the Stripe business or the regulatory environment
- Develop and deliver on the talent and people plan for the region in close collaboration with leaders, functional people partners, recruiting and cross functional partners.
- Proactively raise programs or practices (e.g. benefits) that need to be improved in the region according to market best practices.
- Provide support to central HR team to design cyclical processes, programs, or strategic initiatives, ensuring European impact is considered
- Partner with legal on people audits and regulatory reviews initiated by local government and external bodies
- Build strong relationships with external partners and networks for your market
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate employment contracts, paperwork, and government/licensure/regulatory or compliance reporting are in place in accordance with local legislation in partnership with our employment legal team.
- Review and advise on local benefits offerings that strikes the right balance between the wider business offerings and local standards.
- Review and harmonize European policies in line with the global HR operating model while taking into account local legislation differences.
- Liaise with the central HR teams, providing local knowledge and expertise to introduce and integrate HR systems, processes, and practices in these markets.
- Support ad-hoc audits or programs as required for compliance with local policy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive Europe and Middle East and Africa HR experience, in fast-paced and complex global organizations.
- Significant experience of leading complex transformational and organizational change
- Familiarity with employee relations in European markets
- Experience delivering multiple change projects simultaneously
- Strategic mind-set and the ability to translate business goals into robust people strategies
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to bring external ideas to ensure Stripe’s employee engagement and approach is market leading
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and resilient through periods of change
- Not afraid to challenge; ensuring the right decisions are made for our people and our business
- Fluent English written and verbal language skills essential. Fluent or intermediate French language skills desirable. Other languages are a plus.
- Superior written oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment
- Open to travel (some travel will be required)
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.