Engineering Manager, Consumer Products
As Stripe expands up the stack from APIs to UIs, hosted experiences, and no-code solutions, building for consumers has become an even more critical part of our mission to create the economic infrastructure of the internet. Consumers decide what to purchase, how to purchase, and who to purchase from. By focusing on their problems and needs – the way they make decisions and the user journeys they follow – we can build faster, more trustworthy, and higher converting products for consumers and merchants alike.
Consumer Product is a brand new team at Stripe. As an Engineering Manager on the Consumer Product team, you’ll build and grow Link, our recently-launched 1-click payment solution, plus take new products in development from 0 to 1. You’ll lead and help grow a high-performing and diverse team of developers, build relationships with cross-functional partners across Stripe, and champion our vision for making payments (and more) 10X better. Millions of consumers already use Stripe every year; this gives us a massive opportunity to accelerate the shift from offline to online by making their experience the best it can be.
Stripe has not historically built consumer products. Doing so will require both greenfield initiatives and deep collaboration with existing product teams. We’re looking for Engineering Managers who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how users interact with Stripe and care deeply about their engineering team. You must be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces and uncertainty; you should have exquisite attention to detail and enjoy the challenge of context-switching between multiple key initiatives at once.
- Manage an excellent team of engineers, helping to develop their careers with stretch projects and excellent feedback.
- Provide both technical and product leadership, empowering your team to ensure high quality in both areas.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and designers across the company to establish product synergies and launch great consumer products at scale.
- Recruit a diverse team of engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreaches through to the closing process.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have managed an Engineering team for 3+ years.
- Have experience building consumer products, are able to work with and through product managers and designers, and can put yourself in the shoes of your users to craft great experiences.
- Have demonstrated a track record of building high-quality products and managing high-performing teams.
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, driving impact across many different teams.
- Have strong recruiting skills, with a track record of hiring new team members who are extremely effective over the long term.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.