Documentation Manager, Products
Shape the experience for Stripe’s users through documentation
Product Documentation makes Stripe’s products easy to use by creating valuable content for developers and everyday users. Our documentation must exemplify quality, instill trust, and keep users moving.
Your team will:
- Work with engineering and product teams to document new products, features, and APIs
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Achieve and maintain content quality through rigorous testing and review, as well as curation and performance analysis
- Push the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content
- Assess documentation success through metrics and qualitative analysis
You may be a good fit if:
- You have a framework for listening to users
- You’re creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious
- You’ve successfully recruited, developed, and retained great talent
- You’re an excellent writer or product manager, but prefer to use your leadership skills
- You’ve successfully defined a vision and mission and planned in quarters and halves to achieve your goals
- You’re excited to work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance competing priorities
- You’re a perpetual learner and teacher
- You’re resourceful and thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
It’s nice if you have:
- Experience with user interface or interaction design
- Experience creating automated documentation tools
- Experience with large information architecture projects
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume
- Any additional materials (e.g., writing sample in a particular style, description of why you want to work in the role, paragraph describing relevant experience)
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.