Developer Support Engineering Manager
The Developer Support Engineering manager will grow and inspire the team responsible for the success of developers integrating with Stripe’s products. At Stripe we consider this developer experience to be central to the overall experience of our customers. We’re seeking an experienced manager to lead this group of software engineers as it scales rapidly with the company.
- Attract, recruit and develop the very best talent
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Work cross-functionally across Stripe to develop solutions to meet customer’s requirements
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Define and deliver a comprehensive technical support experience for developers integrating Stripe
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Stripe to influence others in aiming for the best developer experience possible
- Lead change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the global Customer Experience team.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer support experiences
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A track record of leading productive user-facing engineering teams
- The ability to attract great teammates
- The ability to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- An understanding of what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- The ability to be clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- The knowledge of when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about design and integration decisions
- At least a couple of years of user-facing engineering management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.