Developer Support Engineer
You’ll primarily communicate with external developers through email and IRC to solve problems, help Stripe users build cool things, and debug code of all kinds. You’ll also work with other internal engineering teams to identify bugs and find ways to help improve Stripe.
- Work with external developers through email and chat to solve their technical integration problems
- Maintain and contribute to the Stripe client libraries
- Develop tooling, processes and documentation to enable the best possible developer support experience at scale
- Work in partnership with the product and engineering teams at Stripe to define the future of the developer experience on the platform
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Worked with RESTful APIs, front-end frameworks such as React or AngularJS, or have experience as a mobile developer
- A thoughtful, patient, and friendly communication style and enjoys writing
- Prior experience as a software engineer or significant experience building web or mobile apps
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- An enjoyment of teaching or enabling other developers to be successful
You should include these in your application:
- A list of languages you feel comfortable working with (both technical and human!)
- Examples of work you feel comfortable sharing. This might be something online, like a code repository or a blog post, or something unpublished, like an email to colleagues or a personal project you’d be willing to share. Whatever form it takes, we’d love to see an example of your creative and technical work.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.