Developer Relations Manager
Manage our team of globally distributed Developer Advocates.
As the manager of our Developer Relations team, you’ll establish strong relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way by crafting great resources to help developers build with Stripe, including samples, blog posts, and documentation. You’ll foster developers communities, championing their interests and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, trying out new frameworks and technologies, and sharing what you’ve learned with the world, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated Developer Advocates to drive Stripe’s developer experience goals.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to define the team’s roadmap amid competing priorities.
- Drive key metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with our Developer Experience Products engineering team that builds our developer facing tooling.
- Work in close collaboration with our technical writing and developer marketing teams to produce content for Stripe’s developer audience.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow our developer community.
- Recruit great developer advocates in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team.
- Develop the members of the team and help them advance in their careers.
- Contribute to Stripe-wide initiatives as a member of our management team.
You must have:
- Prior experience managing a team of engineers, developer advocates, or product managers.
- Prior experience engaging in developer advocacy.
You also likely:
- Have 3+ years experience as a manager.
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission and helped to achieve its goals.
- Successfully recruited and retained great people to your team.
- Passionate about developer tools, technologies, and content.
- Comfort planning in quarters and halves, while also working with a team to set a vision that is multiple years out.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.