Detection Engineer, Security
Enable the best in Stripes through best in class technology and leadership
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join us and help lead Stripe’s Detection Engineering Team. This team is responsible for building security analytics, curating threat intelligence, performing attack simulations and investigating, responding and providing awareness to potential security concerns. This is a unique challenge for a cyber professional interested in non-traditional security monitoring and response designed to function within a development operations framework. Rather than traditional commercial tooling, you’ll help to drive codified processes, data analytics and automation for detection and response scale. You’ll maintain strong partnerships with product and other engineering teams to help convey threat awareness and to collect requirements for any monitoring and response needs throughout Stripe.
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and prioritize day-to-day operations
- Work with the business to deliver related and scalable technical solutions
- Partner closely with Engineering teams to ensure a world class security environment
- Develop collaborative relationships across the entire organization at Stripe
- Help the team develop and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Scale the policies and processes of the team to facilitate global impact
- Be metrics driven in your approach across the board
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo
- Ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational responsibilities
- An exemplary, user-focused communication style; emphasizing clarity, empathy and accuracy
- Skill and credibility delivering operational work while maintaining a high bar for quality
- A willingness to lead by example and participate in the work as necessary
- Experience with a broad range of technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, and AWS cloud services.
- Ability to create a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A history of delivering projects through cross team collaboration and partnerships
- Demonstrated success overseeing internal tool development and automation at scale
- Extremely strong focus on compliance, security and risk awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) -Possess an empathetic, humble, customer-focused demeanor
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.