Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and we think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, Design Producers enable our design team to create the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in world.
Stripe’s Design Producers are equal parts conductor, quarterback, diplomat, oracle, and best friend. They are natural leaders, guiding high-complexity projects through the design life cycle. They are experts at anticipating potential challenges and mitigating risks to getting design work delivered on time. They apply their interest in design to our operating model, prototyping and iterating on ways our team experiences work. And their contagious spirit rallies cohesion within the Design org and trust with our partners. We are a team of four looking to add a seasoned Design Producer to our ensemble to partner with our Product Design function. The role is full time, based in Seattle, and reports to our Head of Design Ops.
- Drive our operational model
- Partner with Product Design leadership to set team goals and roadmap.
- Co-facilitate strategic planning sessions and brief reviews to ensure our Product Designers, Researchers, and Writers are aligned with our product and engineering partners on the scope and timing of our highest impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with Design Ops team and Product Design leadership to balance competing priorities and maximize team resources to quickly execute.
- Partner with Product Managers to build and manage project plans ensuring project team members understand their roles, responsibilities, deliverables, and deadlines through to launch.
- Operationalize product quality by enabling Product Designers to use design systems, critiques, and reviews effectively.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and reporting to ensure stakeholders and team members are involved at the right times, understand project health and decisions, and follow through on their commitments.
- Facilitate creative workshops to expand our approach and engage our partners in the design process.
- Facilitate retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices.
- Scale our tools, resources, and processes
- Define and keep up to date documentation of how we work and how to work with us.
- Continuously examine, experiment, and measure improvements to our operational model and processes.
- Regularly test new tools with Product Designers to solve for our growing need to collaborate within our team and with our partners globally.
- Oversee our agency and contractor program and manage their budgets.
- Nurture a team environment that encourages innovation, happiness, and growth
- Keep a pulse on team health, flagging to Design Leadership topics that impact team experience and performance.
- Partner with Product Design Leadership to onboard new team members so they can quickly gain confidence to independently own their work.
- Stay up to date on design trends and parallel spaces. Plan activities around them to provide opportunities for creative inspiration and growth.
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- 3-5 years experience as a Producer or Program Manager of an in-house UX/Product Design team.
- Experience independently creating sense and order in a fast-paced world of ambiguity.
- Great critical thinking, coaching, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Passion for connecting the dots and discovering efficiencies.
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Above average time/energy management, and prioritization skills.
- Literacy with design, prototyping, project management, and asset management tools.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A written description of why you’re interested in this role and examples of how you’ve exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.