Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing, distributed Design team.
Design at Stripe
The Design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand standards to campaigns, events, digital products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
The Brand Design team lays the foundations that help Stripe accelerate. We do this by creating, evolving, and maintaining Stripe’s high-quality, versatile, and forward-looking visual identity design system. We sweat the details. We make it seem effortless.
Our team—and our design efforts—are multipliers for Stripe and Stripes. Our focus on principles, systems, and standards makes it easier for all Stripes to get work done—at a high quality bar, while still creating space for evolution and innovation. Collaborating with other teams at Stripe, as well as select external partners, we raise the quality and consistency of interactions with the Stripe brand.
Brand Designer leaders at Stripe demonstrate passion for great design and for expanding, evolving, defining, and documenting flexible design systems that achieve bar-raising quality and consistency for the brand at scale. They are user focused, have a strong understanding of the business, and are empathetic and inspiring team leaders. The ideal candidate excels across a variety of styles, crisply articulates design decisions, iterates quickly, and collaborates seamlessly with marketers, product managers, leaders, other designers, and agency partners.
- You will be at the forefront of a growing Design team in London and responsible for growing, developing, and operationalizing the Brand Design team in EMEA.
- Be hands on in design work, manage a growing team, and oversee the work of external agencies and contractors.
- Partner directly with the EMEA Marketing team and leadership in setting up the systems, processes, and norms that will support a healthy and grow.
- Evolve team culture and norms, set goals and measure performance, and continually elevate the quality bar your team will aim to reach.
- Design and drive strategic and execution roadmap for your team in partnership with Design and cross-functional leadership, with accountability for quality, partnership, execution, and delivery.
- Evolve, expand, and maintain the design direction of the Stripe visual brand in partnership with Design leadership and other on the Brand Design team.
- Lead break-through brand expressions, campaign systems, and industry leading design.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners to serve a global audience.
- Oversee the work of external teams in creative strategy, execution, and production.
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the Brand Design team.
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence by mentoring designers and partners in best practices, design process, and ideation.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong strategic acumen for building leading teams and brands in a fast paced, global facing environment.
- Are a systems-thinker and excel at extrapolating and extending shared patterns and behaviors.
- Proven excellence in effective art direction, and building and extending design systems.
- Have the ability to express and communicate a brand through distinct graphics, patterns, motion, interaction, and creative code.
- Are a hands-on maker, with the skills to effectively communicate concepts, direction and decisions with the team and with external partners.
- Strong track record delivering work independently and through others, as well as influencing the work of other internal teams and partners.
- Find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, interesting, pixel-perfect work.
- Are persuasive and humble in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you design at your best.
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow.
- Have excellent organization and presentation skills, and excel in written and verbal communication.
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel.
- Are passionate about Stripe’s mission, are dedicated to a user-first mindset, and have experience working with data & insights.
- Have 8+ years of relevant design and art direction experience for technical and product-driven companies, and 3+ years of experience managing teams in high growth environments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, or equivalent professional experience.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio.
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile.
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.