Data Scientist, Risk Partnerships
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. The Risk team plays a critical role in helping keep Stripe and its users safe.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to partner with the Risk Partnerships team. The Risk Partnerships team ensures Stripe’s products and services comply with financial partner requirements and manages ecosystem risk (such as portfolio fraud chargeback rates). For instance, you may build models to leverage transaction level interventions (e.g. 3DS) in high-dispute markets to reduce disputes while optimizing the merchant’s experience. If you are data curious and motivated by making a high impact on the business, we want to hear from you!
- Act as an embedded partner to the Risk Partnerships team, helping them to identify and answer questions with data and modeling
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on actionable insights, not just data
- Build statistical and/or machine learning models to manage ecosystem risk
- Use data, experiments, statistical inference to optimize merchant and transaction level controls
- Build and improve data ETL pipelines to collect new data and refine existing data sources
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems and drive impact
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and optimization
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly and concisely
- Experience with tools for working with “big data” in a distributed fashion (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.