Data Scientist, Payments
Payments are the core of Stripe’s business, and the groups and teams within Payments are broadly responsible for processing and moving funds at a huge scale.
Stripe’s goal is to make payments dead simple for our users. Internally, we operate a complex network of systems which interact with all parts of the financial system. We build infrastructure for charging credit cards (or other payment methods, like bank transfers or Alipay), integrations with our banking partners to send transfers to our users across the globe, systems that collect Stripe’s revenue and estimate cost, and more. Collectively, these systems power all payments products at Stripe, and we’re looking for talented Data Scientists to come help us use data to understand and optimize these complex processes and serve our users’ needs. Data Scientists at Stripe employ the full toolbox in order to advance our mission of building world-leading financial products and infrastructure, from experiments and causal inference, to working with our partner teams to rigorously define and forecast metrics, and developing and deploying ML models to solve customer needs. If this sounds exciting, we hope you will join us!
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to shape product strategy using rigorous scientific solutions
- Apply statistical, machine learning and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments
- Design, implement and launch innovative data science solutions to empower data-driven decisions and products at scale
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Operations Research)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and optimization
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping and leading complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.