Data Scientist, Operations
Generate insights and impact from data
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data.
- Apply statistical and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Eng, Natural Sciences, CS).
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Hadoop, Pig, etc).
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Description of the most interesting data analysis you’ve done, key findings, and its impact.
- Link to or attachment of code you’ve written related to data analysis.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.