Data Scientist, Risk Operations
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
With all this data, we’re looking for a talented data scientist to join the Data Science team to help us better understand our users, build better products, and optimize our operation. If you are data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an embedded partner to the Risk Operations team, helping them to identify and answer questions with data and modeling
- Build and improve data ETL pipeline to collect new data and refine the existing data sources
- Build statistical and/or machine learning models to forecast Stripe’s risk review volume across review types and use the output to help develop capacity plans
- Create simulations and/or solve optimization problems to inform the best allocation of staffing resources
- Design, analyze, and interpret experiments
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems and drive impact
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimentation
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with distributed-data tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, etc)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.