Data Science Manager, Consumer Products
Payments are the core of Stripe’s business, and the groups and teams within Payments are broadly responsible for processing and moving funds at a huge scale.
Stripe’s goal is to make payments dead simple for our users. Internally, we operate a complex network of infrastructure, partnership integrations, and front-end products that seek to make the payment process as frictionless as possible. Users are the most important piece of our growth strategy; we are investing in understanding them and their interactions with Stripe in order to optimize payment flows, increase product-market fit and increase new product adoption.
We’re looking for a talented data science manager to lead a team of data scientists and analysts in our Consumer facing product space (Checkout, Elements, Mobile SDK, and PayDash, to name a few). Stripe wants every person or business, whether they have complex enterprise level needs or simply want to transact via our new Payment Links, to have a seamless experience with our technology. We want to understand user conversion, merchant needs, and build features that make transacting easier. High impact products run the range of defining the data infrastructure that supports analyzing complex user/merchant/product interactions to ideating alongside designers, marketers and product managers to develop features that align with product strategy. Data Science at Stripe employs the full toolbox in order to advance our mission of building world-leading financial products and infrastructure, from experiments and causal inference, to working with our partner teams to rigorously define and forecast metrics. If this sounds exciting, we hope you will join us!
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, UX Research, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to shape product strategy using rigorous scientific solutions
- Lead a team of strong data analysts and scientists to realize the broader Consumer Data vision
- Support your team in creating analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
- Collaborate with Engineering to deliver a unified product experimentation framework that we’ll leverage to land deep, connected insights
- Engage with many parts of the organization to expand the adoption of key metrics (like conversion) across multiple dimensions of analytics to help us realize improved business outcomes
- Be a recognized SME in the company and payments industry to show how to leverage data insights for better product and KPI outcomes
- Develop products and experiences that communicate the way businesses can transform their payment flows (and increase revenue) with Stripe
- Partner with engineering to drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- 3+ years direct management experience PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Operations Research)
- Experience working with data assets as a product
- Strong knowledge of SQL and a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and optimization
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping, and executing complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.