Data Science Manager, Connect
Connect is Stripe’s multi-party movement product that powers many of the largest online businesses, responsible for processing and moving funds at a huge scale.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
We are seeking a new or experienced data science manager to lead our Connect Data Science team. This role will focus on building the Connect product to enable Connect to go beyond payments to distributing Stripe’s entire suite of products to our users and improve Connect fundamentals to attract new users and retain existing ones. You will define the data science vision for Connect, lead an existing team of data scientists and analysts, and have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves to work directly with the team. You will drive the integration of data science into the business decision processes, lead experimentation on user-facing surfaces, define key business metrics and assist in setting annual and quarterly targets, define key segments, identify new market opportunities ,and optimize the product experience across all stages of the user lifecycle from awareness to adoption to retention.
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with leaders across Product, Engineering, Finance, Sales, and Design to shape business strategy and inform product priorities.. You will solve challenging and ambiguous business problems all while operating with autonomy in a dynamic, high-growth environment. Data Science at Stripe employs the full toolbox in order to advance our mission of building world-leading financial products and infrastructure, from experiments and causal inference, to working with our partner teams to rigorously define and forecast metrics. If this sounds exciting, we hope you will join us!
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts that will drive rigorous and principled quantitative decision making to set and achieve Connect’s OKRs
- Partner closely with product, engineering, finance, design, sales, and data science teams to influence business strategy, identify opportunities, build scalable solutions for critical problems, and drive the integration of data science products into systems, processes and decisions
- Manage processes to empower the team to do its best work, collaborate in an open and inclusive environment, and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit a talented and diverse team of data scientists and analysts, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop data scientists and analysts on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to data science programs and initiatives as a member of Stripe’s community of data science leaders
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building quantitative solutions
- 1+ years of management experience leading and growing diverse, inclusive, and high-performing teams
- Expertise in statistics, causal inference, and experimental design
- Experience working with product teams to design, deploy and maintain analytics that drive business decisions
- Strong ability to solve ambiguous and complex business problems, think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- A track record building strong collaborative relationships with business and technical partners, excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate strategy and technical concepts clearly across disciplines, organizations, and senior audiences
- A can-do attitude, empathy, commitment to great results, and genuine passion for learning
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.