Data Analyst, Sales Metrics and Reporting
Stripe exists to expand internet commerce and allow greater access to the online economy. We believe that talent is distributed equally but opportunity is not, and we aim to break down barriers to access by making it easy for new businesses and nonprofits to get started and equipping them with the tools they need to grow.
We’re looking for Data Analysts who are passionate about applying their analytical and engineering skills to democratize data, metrics, and insights driven decision making for all Stripes. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, experienced in improving availability and usability of those insights, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
At Stripe, you’ll be part of a rich Data Science community for Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers to learn and grow together. At the same time, our embedded org structure means that you’ll be working closely with the Sales Strategy & Operations Operations team, responsible for building the operational skeleton for Stripe’s Global Sales organization, building a business that’s scalable and predictable and will allow us to quickly scale across geographies and territories.
- Be part of a rich Data Science community for Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers to learn and grow together
- Work closely with the Sales Strategy & Operations team to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Be the subject matter expert for data management including data integrity, acquisition, mining, analysis, metrics, and reporting
- Design, build, and maintain business intelligence infrastructure to improve availability and usability of data and insights
- Drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL, Presto, Spark, Tableau and other tools
- Provide operational support for Sales initiatives
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of Sales experiments
- Create analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data
- Apply models on large datasets to measure results and outcomes
We’re looking for someone with:
- 6+ Years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines and/or analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig/etc.)
- Prior experience with visualization using Tableau
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity, and focuses on driving impact
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications
- Hyper focus on and intuition for understanding the underlying needs of the business
- Impeccable product taste and demonstrated success shipping products with great user experiences at scale
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.