Staff Engineer, Product Experience Platform
Design the tech stack that Stripe web apps are built on
As Stripe’s product portfolio and engineering team grow, the company increasingly relies on robust internal platforms to quickly ship reliable, secure, high quality products. We are looking for a technical leader with deep expertise in building complex single page web applications to help us define the future of how product teams build web UIs at Stripe.
- Play a critical role in defining the technical strategy and roadmap for how web applications are built across Stripe
- Work across full-stack product teams to understand their needs and pain points when building UI
- Bring a point of view of how great web apps are built on both the frontend and backend
- Build tools to make Stripe engineers more productive when building complex UI
- Proactively identify areas where our existing infrastructure is failing to scale and/or does not or will not meet our standards for reliability, security, performance, or quality.
- Mentor early-career engineers and experienced engineers without experience building UIs
- Interview and design interview questions for building diverse, industry-leading UI engineering teams
- Advocate for the needs of web developers to leadership and other teams that our web apps depend on
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Experience building multiple single page web applications that have reached hundreds of thousands of users and/or have had hundreds of contributors.
- Experience collaborating across engineering teams that are customers as well as teams that your team depends on
- A strong sense of what excellent web-based experiences look like, how they behave, and how to build them
You also likely have:
- Experience building or using design systems based on a component library like React, Vue, web components, etc.
- Experience building or using backend frameworks to create REST or GraphQL backends for single page web apps
- A passion for teaching and making others more productive
- A willingness to get into the unglamorous details of building modern web apps
- A knack for translating high-level product strategy into a technical roadmap that will support that strategy
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.