Cyber Security Analyst
Stripe is looking for an analyst to join a new function within our global Operations team focused on improving the integrity and security of our infrastructure. Businesses rely on Stripe to conduct business, and it’s critical that we experience minimal service disruptions and keep data secure. As a Cyber Security Analyst, you’ll investigate anomalous activity, collaborate with Security Engineering to fine-tune threat detection models, and work to scale the team past its initial incubation stage. As a result, you’ll play a pivotal role in bolstering the integrity of Stripe’s infrastructure and elevate user trust in our products.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The Core Operations team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Act as our front line responder to security threats, investigating anomalies to uncover their root causes and coordinate further action with cross-functional stakeholders
- As Stripe’s first Cyber Security Analyst, help establish team norms for communication and workflow with a mind for scale
- Manage urgent triaging of security alerts with speed, collaboration, and accuracy, partnering with a global and broad set of stakeholders for fast resolution
- Collaborate with engineering teams to align on and execute upon on-going improvements to tooling, manual and automated processes, and metrics
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in investigating ambiguous problems with a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality
- A proactive approach in identifying areas for process improvement and establishing best practices
- Foundational security knowledge and experience communicating with a range of stakeholders with sensitivity and discretion
- Problem solving abilities and can translate complicated technical issues into solutions, while keeping a security-first mindset
- Enthusiasm about developing and scaling a nascent function
- Operational awareness and a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture
- Proficiency in SQL or equivalent query languages
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.