Operational Data Analytics, Banking & Financial Products
Support the growth of Stripe’s Banking and Financial Products by defining and shaping the operations strategy through sound analytics and thought leadership.
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. One third of Americans bought something on Stripe in the last year. With all this data, we are in a position to solve our user’s capital needs and fuel their growth.
We’re looking for a talented data analyst to join the Data Science Team, and partner with the B&FP Operations Team to help build a world class customer experience by conducting deep analytics to help the leadership make optimal decisions. This role will work closely with our Engineering, PMs, Risk and Product Operations teams to leverage our existing platforms, integrate industry best practices, and develop novel analytical solutions to design and manage customer operations and collections. If you are incessantly data curious, a believer in driving action through data, and eager to solve big data challenges at a quickly-growing company, we want to hear from you.
- Work with Customer Service, Collections, and Customer Experience teams to evolve our operations strategy for lending, card, and other banking products
- Build metrics and dashboard to measure customer friction, uncover reasons for customer friction, and guide prioritization of product and process improvements
- Design and launch A/B tests and experiments to facilitate decision making
- Use data and analytics to shape the product offerings including self-serve features
- Lead the design, development and use of data driven insights to support Collections operations
- Partner with Risk and Engineering on the identification and sourcing of relevant data, development of models and recommendation systems
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in data analysis and insights
- Outstanding analytical ability, communication, and presentation skills
- Expertise using metrics and data insights to drive business and operational goals
- Strong technical expertise, including mastery of SQL and dashboards visualizations. Experience with R or Python (optional)
- Experience working with Engineers and the ability to closely manage expectations and deliverables in a timely manner
- Self starter who can work independently
- Ability to communicate results clearly with a focus on driving impact
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in statistics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, engineering, or a related analytical field of study
- 8+ years of prior experience working in or with operations, sales, support, or account management
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.