Credit Analytics, Stripe Capital
Support the growth of Stripe Capital by defining and shaping the risk strategy through sound analytics and thought leadership
We’re looking for a talented candidate to join the B&FP Risk Strategy Team, who will help shape the development of a credit platform that will power capital products to address our user’s financing needs. This role will work closely with our Engineering, Data Science, Partnership and Servicing teams to leverage our existing platforms, integrate industry best practices, and develop novel solutions to evaluate and manage credit risk. If you are excited to join a lean and fast growing organization and apply your experience to shape the future of Stripe, we want to hear from you.
- Work with the engineering and data science teams to evolve our credit risk model and strategy to support capital products and services
- Architect and implement credit policies based on Stripes proprietary data and selected industry data to target, price, and size capital products
- Partner with our Platform team to help support the growth of Capital to Connect platforms
- Understand and leverage the data assets of Stripe to improve our targeting and response strategy
- Explore how we can leverage third party data including bureau, bank account, financial statements and less traditional data in our credit assessment
- Use data and analytics to shape the product offerings including loan tenure, repayment mechanisms and pricing
- Monitor the growth of our portfolio to ensure that we are assuming the right level of risk
- Optimize our pricing strategy to ensure that loans are profitable and performing as expected
- Build portfolio management strategies to monitor performance, adjust credit models, and in the future report to external investors
- Work closely with product, business, and engineering teams to use the results of your analyses and forecasts to shape new products
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in credit analysis and underwriting; including managing credit portfolios and experience working with small business users
- Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders and the ability to closely manage expectations and deliverables in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skill set and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Superior communication and relationship management skills
- Experience in risk management, financial lending or core credit risk management function
- Understanding of payments, small business lending and credit card industry
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast moving organization
- Self starter who can work independently
- Ability to communicate results clearly with a focus on driving impact
- Strong technical expertise, including SQL. Experience with R or Python (optional)
- Advanced degree in statistics, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, engineering, or a related analytical field of study
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
- A description of the most interesting data analysis you’ve done, the key findings, and the impact of the analysis
- A sample of code you’ve written related to data analysis
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry—from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity—which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.