Bend the curve in Stripe’s long term growth trajectory!
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
We are seeking strategic thinkers to help bend the curve in Stripe’s long term growth trajectory. This is a unique opportunity to be one of the founding members of the Corporate Strategy team at Stripe. Our team partners with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to provide recommendations that help shape our business and product strategy. We are responsible for building out and driving three critical functions: i) market and competitive intelligence; ii) strategy deep dives; and iii) strategic planning.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across Stripe’s engineering, product, and business functions
- Create sophisticated research on market, regulatory, and competitive dynamics and identify emerging threats or opportunities for Stripe to address
- Develop deep, product level insights about Stripe’s market position by leveraging market data, external industry figures, and our internal teams
- Work on a broad range of key strategic questions and issues and produce executive-facing briefs that enable the organization to make informed decisions
- Support Stripe’s annual planning process by identifying ways to improve our ability to capture, measure, and communicate progress against business goals
- Lead ad hoc initiatives and projects
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, or competitive intelligence
- Experience within the payments industry, and technical experience (product management or engineering) is a plus
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and a passion for solving ambiguous or complex business issues
- The ability to dive unusually deep, from a qualitative and quantitative standpoint, and translate findings into actionable recommendations
- Strong financial skills and experience building operating and financial models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of comfort working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
To apply, please include the following with your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.