Bend the curve in Stripe’s long term growth trajectory!
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Corporate Strategy team at Stripe. Our team partners with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to drive holistic thinking around strategic priorities and provide recommendations that shape the business vision and strategy. We are responsible for building out and driving three critical areas: i) market and competitive insights; ii) corporate strategy formulation; and iii) strategic planning.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across Stripe’s engineering, product, and business functions
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive repository of market and competitive insights and proactively identify emerging threats or opportunities for Stripe to address
- Generate sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, competition, technological and product innovation, and industry economics
- Deliver insightful analysis & recommendations in a persuasive and structured manner
- Work on a broad range of forward-looking projects and produce executive-facing briefs that enable the organization to make informed decisions on key strategic issues
- Play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, developing, and analyzing the feasibility and long term value of emerging product or business ideas
- Support the business planning processes and reviews
- Help manage the cross-organizational program that captures, measures, and communicates progress against Stripe’s corporate goals
- Roll up your sleeves and pitch in as needed to drive implementation of other key initiatives and projects
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in corporate / business strategy, management consulting, competitive intelligence, and/or finance
- Enthusiasm for technology and product innovation
- A strategic mindset with strong critical thinking skills and passion for solving ambiguous or complex business issues
- An exceptional ability to conduct thorough research, create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses, and translate findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in new areas
- A highly collaborative nature with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- The ability to “run with the ball” and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A technical background (experience in product management or engineering) is a plus; experience within fintech or payments industry is a plus
To apply, please include:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.