Help us grow our Legal team!
Stripe is looking for a talented and experienced paralegal to join our growing Corporate Affairs Team. You’ll help build the processes and systems to support our boards of directors and their committees, corporate governance, and other aspects of the corporate secretary function. This will require previous experience with large private or public company board governance, excellent project management skills, strong document management focus, and the ability to collaborate across multiple teams.
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. We’re a small, cohesive, and nimble team supporting a rapidly growing organization, so you’ll cover a lot of ground.
In this role you will:
- Support various corporate governance matters, including helping to manage the production of materials for board of directors meetings, committee meetings and other board matters
- Help us select, implement and manage the use of a board portal like Diligent Board Books or BoardVantage
- Assist in the preparation of draft board and committee meeting minutes, resolutions, agendas, and secretary’s certificates
- Work closely with other members of the team to fulfill our compliance and corporate governance requirements for a growing footprint of international and domestic subsidiaries
- Respond to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders
- Research and analyze corporate governance items and track industry precedent and emerging trends
- Identify areas to improve our existing processes with technology, and generally improve leverage across the team
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company
- Action and results-oriented, with the ability to demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- A high degree of proficiency (aka power user) with G-Suite, Blueprint, board portals like Diligent and - BoardVantage, CounselGo/SimpleLegal, and the MS Suite
- A positive attitude, collaborative mindset, and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- Include a resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.