Corporate Engineering Manager, Client Platforms
Build the client endpoint tooling and infrastructure that provides a secure and productive user experience for all Stripes.
The Client Platform Engineering team provides the tooling to secure and manage Stripe’s fleet of client endpoints, while maintaining a frictionless experience for our users. Our team’s scope includes the management of 4,000+ macOS laptops, 2,000+ ChromeOS devices, 1,500+ iOS devices, and hundreds of Windows endpoints. The team leverages a mix of open-source, vendor and internally developed solutions. Where possible we integrate with, and contribute to existing Stripe production systems.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering leader to help build and guide a high visibility, high impact team that is foundational to the productivity of every Stripe. You’ll get to chart out the long term vision for the client endpoint ecosystem at Stripe and continue to grow the team to realize that vision in close collaboration with stakeholders across the company.
- Lead a team consisting of software and systems engineers working to deliver a client ecosystem that effectively balances between productivity and security for all Stripes
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and lead client management and security best practices
- Empower the Client Platform Engineering team to deliver their services with high levels of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Keep abreast of industry trends and forums to ensure Stripe remains an innovator in this domain
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience as an engineering leader
- A knack for knowing when to build and when to leverage open-source or vendor solutions and often-times, a hybrid of the above
- Experience collaborating with recruiting partners to hire new team members
- Thrives under a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
Nice to haves:
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.