Infrastructure Engineer, Systems
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create business models, and scale their efforts globally. Our customers are the most ambitious organizations in the world. Previously, they had to create an ad hoc, informally specified, bug-ridden version of financial rails before they could do business online. We are doing the difficult-but-necessary work of building a global payments and treasury network—so entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value, not moving money. We operate at significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
The Corporate Engineering team builds internal systems and services to keep our fellow Stripes working smoothly, productively, and securely. As a Corporate Systems Engineer, you’ll design and scale the infrastructure powering your peers’ day to day work.
- Create and improve systems to manage our growing fleet of workstations, global corporate networks, A/V infrastructure, and physical security.
- Thoughtfully and inventively incorporate leading third-party software into Stripe’s core infrastructure frameworks.
- Keep abreast of company growth and industry trends and iterate on automated deployment, configuration, and monitoring.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you encounter.
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with partner teams automate, measure, and monitor internal products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience owning significant pieces of cloud infrastructure using an industry-leading provider like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Demonstrated experience designing complex systems to be automatic, safe, efficient, and effective.
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability.
- Proficiency troubleshooting Linux at the OS level and as part of a distributed system.
- Comfort discussing key technical concepts like network protocols and application statefulness.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.