Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
The Communications team builds Stripe’s brand and influence across the world. We’re looking for an experienced corporate communications professional to further hone our corporate storytelling; shape our response to complex policy and regulatory issues; and provide strategic counsel to our executive team on a range of topics. The ideal candidate will be energized by working with a tightly knit team at every elevation level—from handling individual media inquiries to designing proactive, multi-year campaigns that burnish Stripe’s reputation.
- Execute on proactive corporate communications strategies that advance Stripe’s narrative, as well as support reactive communications efforts
- Help shape Stripe’s position on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics
- Educate key business press on Stripe’s portfolio, market opportunity, and competitive differentiation
- Enhance Stripe’s reputation amongst key enterprise tech press
- Support issues management activities, helping minimize any impact on Stripe’s reputation
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers, particularly in tech, business, and Washington D.C. media
- Work with internal spokespeople to develop their messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities, and speaking engagements
- Help manage global agency teams and ensure consistency across geographies on corporate developments and initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- 8-10 years of experience in technology public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment
- Experience collaborating with policy, legal, finance, and other senior executives
- Strong project management skills — ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- A calm demeanor under pressure and experience effectively navigating fast-paced situations
- A proven track record of dealing with key business and technology reporters
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.