Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe is looking for a talented and experienced contracts manager to join our fast growing commercial legal team.
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Stripe operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership environment. You should be comfortable supporting a complex set of products that will challenge your critical thinking skills. As a part of our team, you’ll be responsible for supporting Stripe’s growing sales team and will help us build for scale. You must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly changing environment. In addition, you must be able to work independently, proactively identifying areas of need and generating recommended action plans. Join us for the opportunity to work with a great team on complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
This role may be based in Seattle or remote.
In this role you will:
- Review, draft and negotiate Stripe commercial agreements within established guidelines
- Maintain Stripe’s online agreements and written templates
- Lead or participate in projects to improve internal processes and build for scale
- Collaborate with teams across Stripe, including sales, procurement, tax and risk
- Own and maintain Stripe’s document management tool
- Manage outside counsel
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong project management skills, with attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- An open and curious mind about an evolving industry, humility, and a terrific sense of humor
Nice to haves:
- Fluency in Spanish (LATAM) or Portuguese
- Please include your resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.