Supplier Contracting Lead
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission.
As part of the Third Party Engagements team, we are accelerating the business by creating a new Supplier Contract Operations team. The team’s mandate will be to build an efficient supplier contracting process, reducing friction, minimizing risk and increasing the velocity at which Stripe can engage key suppliers. The Supplier Contract Operations Lead will build this team from the ground up, owning Stripe’s supplier contracting strategy, process, tools, negotiating positions and partner with legal and sourcing on complex supplier negotiations.
- Build and manage a high volume operational process focusing to deliver an efficient and exceptional contracting service
- Manage CLM system and appropriate controls and Business Requirements
- Partner with Stripe Buyers across the organization to Identify and prepare business contract and engage suppliers to negotiate agreements
- Manage a team of contract negotiators and define the team’s operating model, goals, KPIs and norms in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (including legal, sourcing, finance, and compliance) in crafting Stripe’s contracting strategy
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience, with a background in contracting, procurement, or legal operations
- Ability to earn trust quickly, engage and lead a critical function involving multiple stakeholders with the ability to stand behind opinions with sound reasoning
- A proven track record of leading high-performing teams and building high volume transactional processes within an environment with significant internal and external dependencies
- An operationally focused mindset, with a laser focus on efficiency and continuous improvement
- Experience leading large, complex, supplier negotiations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Stripe effectively in interfacing with C-Level executives
Nice to haves:
- Legal background with a penchant for operational excellence
- Experience designing and managing Contract Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Resource Planning and Governance Risk and Control systems
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.