Compliance Testing Lead
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, mature business models, and scale their efforts globally. We’re live on 5 continents with over 100 supported currencies and rapidly expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world.
As a member of the Stripe Compliance team, the Compliance Testing Lead will own and scale our compliance testing function. You will be responsible for developing our testing plans, overseeing our compliance testing activities, identifying compliance and control deficiencies, and advising on remediation. You will report to the Financial Products Compliance Officer but work across the entire Compliance team to ensure our testing program is commensurate with the level of risk posed by our financial products.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will thrive while working at the intersection of an emerging sector and a traditional industry, seek creative solutions to traditional problems, and enable the business responsibly while moving with urgency and focus.
- Develop and oversee execution of our compliance testing and monitoring programs including testing methodology and executive reporting
- Oversee targeted compliance testing for adherence to partner and regulatory requirements
- Identify control deficiencies, evaluate risk effects, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best communicate with operational areas and management
- Validate control weaknesses identified through quality checks, compliance testing, reviews, and examinations are tracked, evaluated, prioritized based on risk, responded to, and closed
- Ensure compliance risks related to new systems, processes, products, and services are identified and assessed or tested
- Provide guidance to operational areas and management on requirements of applicable laws and regulations
- Aggregate and monitor compliance testing and quality control results for trends, and escalate concerns to the appropriate levels of leadership
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience building and maintaining compliance testing functions
- Demonstrated track record of working with lending, prepaid, and/or consumer programs, financial products, and related regulations (e.g., fair lending laws / ECOA, UDAP, SCRA, conduct risk, complaints handling, money transmission rules)
- Comfort with building or expanding on existing compliance program infrastructure to incorporate oversight of new products and services, including developing new processes and workflows
- Ability to tackle ambiguous situations and operate efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume and technology-driven environments
- Strong instinct for when to escalate potential compliance issues
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate and drive the financial technology industry forward
Nice to haves:
- Experience building compliance programs within financial technology companies
- Financial compliance, operational, regulatory, management consulting, or legal experience CRCM or equivalent certification
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.