Compliance Operations Manager
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced Compliance Operations Manager to join our fast growing global team overseeing our onboarding, identity, and compliance program. This position is responsible for building out and managing operational processes and programs required to comply with financial partner requirements, including those of card networks and global financial institutions.
The right person for this role should have a solid understanding of card network rules, anti-money laundering (AML) requirements, including Know Your Customer (KYC) and Payments Card Industry (PCI) compliance. Successful candidates for the role will have a minimum of five years experience managing teams within payments, fintech, or financial services.
- Develop the vision, strategy, and relevant OKR’s for the Compliance Operations team
- Manage a global team of up to 8 analysts located throughout the United States, Dublin, and Singapore
- Distill regulatory and financial partner requirements into operational processes and procedures, ensuring maximum efficiency and reducing operational costs
- Maintain regular communication with our financial partners, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary
- Assist with coordination of regulatory exams, financial partner audits, or internal business unit assessments
- Identify potential gaps or areas for improvement in current systems, processes, and policies, and work with cross-functional teams including engineering to implement changes
- Prepare and participate in regular business reviews and metrics meetings representing Compliance Operations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of five years experience leading operational teams within payments, fintech, audit, or financial services
- Passionate about people development and coaching teams to achieve success
- Deep understanding of card network rules, AML, and identity and onboarding requirements
- Demonstrated track record of execution and results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
Nice to Have:
- Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Experience managing global teams
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.