Compliance Operations Analyst, Credit Card Chargebacks
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced Compliance Operations Analyst to join an industry leading global Compliance Operations team overseeing our Credit Card Dispute/Chargeback & Fraud Monitoring Programs. As a Compliance Analyst, you will execute operational processes and scale programs required to comply with financial partner requirements, including those of card networks and global financial institutions while devising growth friendly solutions that reduce Stripe’s overall risk exposure.
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Billions of dollars are processed by Stripe each year and the Compliance Operations team works to ensure that exposure is minimized while facilitating partner and company growth.
We are looking for someone passionate about compliance, the payments ecosystem, educating other Stripes in a complex area of risk, naturally curious, and has a strong desire to challenge the status quo. This person will work alongside a global team of analysts and build cross functional partnerships with Risk Partnerships & Strategy, Engineering, Sales, Treasury, Vendor management and more.
The right candidate for this role should have a solid understanding of card network rules, dispute & fraud monitoring programs, fines assessment, and dispute remediation strategies and best practices. Successful candidates for the role will have a minimum of two years’ experience in dispute/chargeback mitigation within the payments, fintech, or financial service spaces.
- Work with merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions
- Distill regulatory and financial partner requirements into operational processes and procedures, whilst upholding a strong commitment to process excellence and clear documentation
- Identify root causes, trends and provide the wider risk team and merchants with actionable intelligence
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripe’s portfolio
- Conduct in depth account level investigations on merchants at risk of or experiencing high chargeback/dispute rates
- Maintain regular communication with our financial partners, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Compliance Operations team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a solid understanding of card network rules, card network dispute & fraud identification programs, remediation processes, and root cause analysis of dispute drivers
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- The ability and desire to challenge the status quo
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.