Compliance Insights Analyst
Stripe handles billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year, and the Compliance team plays a critical role in making that possible.
The Compliance team builds anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), sanctions, and regulatory compliance controls in support of Stripe’s business. As an Insights Analyst, you will be analyzing internal data and global trends to understand Stripe’s risks and controls, identify actionable insights, develop proposals, and communicate results.
- Use analytical and statistical techniques to measure the drivers of risk and effectiveness of Stripe’s controls
- Work closely with Compliance colleagues to complete ad-hoc analysis, question assumptions, define key metrics, design dashboards, and improve performance
- Mentor new Insights team members and train Compliance colleagues in data-driven decision making
- Work closely with Compliance leadership to develop Stripe’s risk assessment, customer risk rating, sanctions screening, and transaction monitoring programs
- Communicate key findings to leadership and make strategic recommendations
We’re looking for someone with:
- 2+ years experience writing SQL and communicating the results
- Comfort working cross-functionally and juggling multiple projects
- Strong data visualization skills and the ability to clearly communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to operate efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume and technology-driven environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a financial crimes, AML, risk, or operations team
- Experience with a statistical coding language, such as Python or R
- Experience setting up or modifying data pipeline jobs (using Spark SQL, Scala, etc)
- A CAMS, CFE, ICE, or ACOI qualification
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.