Communications, Brand Programs Lead
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience uses Stripe’s products to start, run, and scale their companies. Stripe aims to remove the barriers to online commerce to help more businesses get started, expedite growth for existing companies, and increase economic output and trade globally. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead. There is still much to do. Join us and help entrepreneurs and businesses everywhere participate in the global economy.
The Brand Communications team is responsible for driving Stripe’s long term brand strategy and building community with our priority audiences in unconventional ways. Home to Stripe Press, Increment, and Indie Hackers, the Brand Communications team develops and supports projects and programs, like Stripe Climate and Stripe Atlas, that advance economic, scientific, and technological progress.
We’re looking for a creative and intellectually curious communications strategist to lead our Brand Programs sub-division. This individual will be responsible for our influencer programs, as well as communications strategy for Stripe Atlas, Stripe Climate, Stripe’s brand partnerships, and our philanthropic endeavors.
- Partner with the Policy team to design programs to advance economic inclusion, our approach to philanthropy, as well as our work to counteract climate change
- Develop programs around our brand partnerships to increase their impact over a long time horizon
- Lead the communications strategy for Stripe Climate
- Collaborate with the Stripe Atlas team to help more founders turn their ambitious ideas into successful global businesses
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the global startup and political ecosystems
- A keen interest in the history and frontier of scientific and technological innovation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A successful track record of building and cultivating lively brand communities
Nice to haves:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proclivity for relationship-building
- Excellent judgment and editorial instincts.
- A sophisticated understanding of the evolving media landscape, including the influence and reach of emerging media formats and voices
- Multiple books on your nightstand at all times :-)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.