Commercial Counsel, EMEA
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. We operate within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and partnership environment. Join us and you will work with a great team and have the opportunity to solve complicated problems in a fast-moving environment.
In this role you will:
- Work across a spectrum of legal, business, and strategic issues.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements with users of various types and in relation to various products.
- Help ensure that Stripe’s commercial relationships comply with applicable legal and financial partner requirements.
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find solutions to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Draft and manage Stripe’s agreements, written templates, playbooks, and processes.
- Support the development of scalable contracting, and increase the efficiency and scalability of commercial legal support.
- Deliver training and help educate internal business partners.
- Collaborate with business partners and teams across Stripe, including sales, partnerships, product, user ops, tax, and risk, as well as other members of the legal team and outside counsel.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Fluent English and French
- Excellent academic credentials and professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing solicitor / lawyer, including time spent at a top-tier law firm or in-house department.
- Experience and passion for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and adept at working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Strict attention to detail coupled with project management skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment.
- Great judgment and be capable of solving problems and making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Strong GDPR and data privacy expertise.
- A willingness to jump in and do whatever needs to be done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner, and a strong work ethic with a high degree of accountability and organisation.
- Curiosity for our evolving industry and a great personality.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with payment or financial services industries and knowledge of associated regulatory issues.
- History of advising high growth companies, particularly those involved in highly regulated industries.
- Fluency in German or Spanish languages.
To apply, please include:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.