Credit Underwriting Analyst
As a credit analyst on the Commercial Business Risk team, you will assess Stripe’s largest merchants to determine creditworthiness and make recommendations on whether any mitigations are necessary to protect Stripe while preserving a positive user experience. Being at the front line of onboarding decisions of these top merchants, you’ll be in a dynamic high-impact role that will require cross-functional partnership with multiple teams including Sales, Legal, and Finance.
- Review financial statements and/or commercial credit tools to conduct detailed assessment of merchant exposure risk and creditworthiness.
- Make recommendations on the supportability of merchants and whether any interventions are necessary to mitigate credit risk.
- Refine tools and practices to increase the efficiency of reviews, the accuracy of our decisions, and quality of entrepreneurs’ experience.
- Work with internal and external partners to support entrepreneurs around the world.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 2+ years of commercial credit underwriting or business analysis experience.
- Have strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS / GAAP) and comfort reading and interpreting complex financial statements.
- Can think critically about complex businesses or problems, and can appropriately weight many factors to reach a definitive conclusion.
- Are efficient, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Love writing, and can do so quickly and clearly.
- Have deep empathy for entrepreneurs starting a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them.
- Are persistent and thorough, willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
- Are curious, decisive, understanding, and persistent.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a role supporting users at a technology company.
- Education in a finance or accounting related arena.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.