Client Platform Engineer
The mission of the Corporate Technology organization is to be Stripe’s strategic technology partner. We are focused on increasing business velocity through tooling, services, and infrastructure that enables Stripe to scale and increase the GDP of the internet.
The Client Platform Engineering team provides the tooling to secure and manage endpoints, while maintaining a frictionless user experience for Stripes.
As a Client Platform Engineer, your work will focus on protecting every Stripe employee’s most used tool: their company-issued laptop. Our team owns the entire lifecycle of these assets, and with it, the responsibility of ensuring our fleet is managed with the level of thoughtfulness and rigor that our users and customers expect.
Our scope includes the management of 3,000+ macOS laptops, 2,000+ ChromeOS devices, 1,500+ iOS devices, and hundreds of Windows endpoints.
Your day-to-day work will include a mix of tending to our existing fleet and its associated management tools (Chef, munki, AutoPkg, Santa, JAMF, DEP, osquery), working on larger strategic projects that span multiple teams and quarters (one example: self-service laptop provisioning), and providing input into our longer-term roadmap and planning activities.
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of engineering projects that improve the security, reliability, compliance, and automation of our fleet
- Ensure our fleet remains up-to-date with the latest OS patches and third-party software updates
- Interface with our primary internal customers (Security, IT Operations, Developer Productivity) to respond to their requests and troubleshoot issues with the tooling we provide them
- Use your deep technical skills to debug and solve complex technical problems across various platforms within the fleet
- Hold a high bar for code quality and standards by reviewing, approving and providing feedback on code submission by your peers
- Be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to eliminate manual work through tool building and automation
- Be a contributor to longer-term artifacts such as our team charter and roadmap
- Demonstrate strong dispute resolution and technical decision making, and provide deliberate and thoughtful explanations of how decisions are reached
- Be a mentor to others. This includes holding a high bar on technical decision making and on engineering artifacts like design docs and code that the team produces
- Contribute to the development and refinement of operational metrics, and improve the systems used to track the health of our fleet
- Keep abreast of industry trends and forums to ensure Stripe remains an innovator in this domain
- 5+ years of technical experience managing macOS at an enterprise scale, using a combination of open source and commercially-available tools (munki, AutoPkg, Santa, JAMF, DEP, osquery)
- Experience managing macOS using code-based configuration management tools (Chef)
- Experience deploying and managing binary authorization systems (such as Santa) at scale
- Experience administering mobile device management (MDM) systems such as JAMF, AirWatch, etc.
- Past experience contributing to CPE-related open source software projects
- Experience administering ChromeOS, iOS, and/or Windows at scale
- Coding proficiency in at least one of these languages: Ruby, Python, Golang, Swift, or Java
- Knowledge of the inner-workings of common Operating Systems, including the ability to troubleshoot advanced issues
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.