Capital Markets, Stripe Capital
We’re looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to join our Capital Markets team. Stripe’s Capital Markets team is responsible for funding our loans and other financial products. This role will partner with the Capital Markets Lead to develop our funding strategy and liaise with cross-functional partners across Finance, Treasury, and Accounting to execute on this roadmap. Candidates should have experience with financing transactions, developing investor relationships and working with alternative lenders. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, the ability to independently run projects, and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build investor relationships and manage ongoing investor communications and information requests
- Coordinate with investors, partners and financing counterparties throughout the onboarding phase, and drive due diligence and internal review processes
- Develop and update marketing materials for use with prospective investors
- Build and monitor dashboards and reports to track sales, performance statistics and adherence to contractual requirements
- Review and assist in the development of transaction documents in collaboration with the Capital Markets Lead and Legal
- Align with our Engineering teams to build and operationalize workflows to facilitate transaction activity
- Coordinate across Product, Treasury, Finance & Strategy, and Credit/Risk teams to drive Capital Markets initiatives
You’d ideally have:
- 7+ years of exposure to debt capital markets at an ABS issuer (including online lending platforms), an investment bank (FIG/Fintech advisory or ABS banking/trading role), alternative lender, hedge fund, asset manager, rating agency, or law firm
- Experience structuring and executing ABS financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales / forward flow, and/or securitizations
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Clear communicator, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
What’s it like to work at Stripe?:
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry—from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity—which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.