Business Lead, Issuing
As the Business Lead on Issuing, you will lead a product that helps foster the creation of new businesses, and allows businesses in the space to move significantly faster, without the challenges of the legacy technology that exist today. You’ll be response for the overall success and growth of the Issuing business and team. We’re looking for a leader for this nascent but fast moving group that we expect to grow significantly over a short period of time in both the U.S. and Europe. It’s a unique opportunity to build Stripe’s first new infrastructure product since our inception.
- Hire and develop product, engineering, operations, and go-to-market team leads and individual contributors
- Develop and manage the processes necessary to allow the team to operate effectively, including team norms and culture
- Drive sales and product discussions with our most important users and partners to ensure that - Issuing achieves its near and long-term business targets
- Work with our users, financial and strategic partners, and other stakeholders at Stripe to develop the - Issuing product. This will involve navigating a complex regulatory and partner landscape whilst remaining uncompromising on product quality.
- Set long-term strategy for the Issuing business and product
We are looking for someone who has:
- An eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build and scale them
- Experience managing a rapidly growing team in a high-growth company , and an ability to recruit, manage, and mentor high performing individuals
- Strong business instinct and the ability to identify attractive expansion opportunities for Issuing
- Empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems. You’re able to win users’ hearts by clearly illustrating the value that Stripe Issuing can unlock for them.
- An instinct to not shy away from complexity and are excited to solve extremely hairy compliance, legal and regulatory issues
- The ability to effectively represent Stripe externally at the executive level with financial partners (including banks and card networks), internet companies, government agencies, and a wide range of external partners
- The drive to flourish with minimal guidance, are proactive, and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments
Nice to haves:
- Experience in payments or financial technology
- Experience building software infrastructure
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.